Multiple search domains in resolv.conf

jbygden

Dec 14, 2011
Hello!

We have multiple search domains in /etc/resolv.conf on the host, but only the first entry gets added to new OpenVZ containers.

I found the problem in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/INotify.pm, and have edited it to support more than one search domain:

Code:
*** INotify.pm    2011-12-14 15:06:16.597564469 +0100
--- INotify.pm.patched    2011-12-14 15:06:48.745792975 +0100
*** 537,541 ****
      while (my $line = <$fh>) {
      chomp $line;
!     if ($line =~ m/^(search|domain)\s+(\S+)\s*/) {
          $res->{search} = $2;
      } elsif ($line =~ m/^nameserver\s+(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})\s*/) {
--- 537,541 ----
      while (my $line = <$fh>) {
      chomp $line;
!     if ($line =~ m/^(search|domain)\s+(.+)/) {
          $res->{search} = $2;
      } elsif ($line =~ m/^nameserver\s+(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})\s*/) {

Should I log this as a bug as well?

/Jonas

I literally just signed up this forum to tell you, that this bug is still a thing with LXC-Containers on Proxmox 6.3-3, and your solution still works fine.
Thank you very, very much for this. I cannot believe, why a bug like this is not fixed after 10(!!) Years, when the Solution has already been provided.

same thing on last stable proxmox 7.1 on Apr 2022....
11 years for a one line change...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!