[SOLVED] Multiple public IP architecture

dauphintordu

Dec 29, 2023
Hello,

I encounter an issue with the architecture I would like to setup for a non-profit association. The purpose of this association is to host nextcloud instance for other local association so they can move away from GAFAM.

I've my own physical server with proxmox. I host it in a datacenter. They provided me with a ipv6 pool. (/48)

I would like each VM to be accessible from internet with their own public ip address.

My physical server only have one network interface.

To be honest, I'm struggling a bit to understand how to design the network architecture to make it work.

Can I setup multiple public ip on my physical interface ?

May I use different bridges and assign a public ip to each bridges ?

I didn't found any diagram to have a better understanding on how can I make everything work together.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Yes it is.

So I could create multiples bridges, bridge to the physical interfaces, and each bridge could have a public ip ?

If you only have a single server the bridges do not need a physical port. Just configure them with an IP address out of one of the /64 from your /48 and attach the VMs to the bridge. Use the IP from the bridge interface as default gateway inside the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!