MartinP

Feb 25, 2009
Hello,

I have a host with three Network-Interfaces:

vmbr0 - eth1 - 192.168.200.2 - 255.255.255.0 - 192.168.200.1
vmbr1 - eth2 - 10.193.96.131 - 255.255.255.224
vmbr2 - eth0 - 192.168.1.4 - 255.255.255.0
vmbr3 - - 10.0.0.100 - 255.255.255.0

Now I want to create a virtual machine that is connected to three of the bridges, as this machine will have to get input from vmbr3 and doing some load balancing and fail-over between vmbr0/eth1 (a WIMAX internet connection) and vmbr1/eth2 (a VSAT internet-connection).

Another virtual machine should sit between vmbr2/eth0 (our internal network) and vmbr3 to host a captive portal.

How can I (with the interface, or on the command line) connect a virtual machine to two (or three) bridges, so that at the inside of the VM there will be an eth0, eth1 (and eth2)?

I think I have read all the Howtos, but there must be some limitation in the understanding on my side, so if I could get a hint from somebody I would be greatfull.

Martin

[wrong thread - I'm sorry - how can I move this?]

Last edited:
I think I have read all the Howtos, but there must be some limitation in the understanding on my side, so if I could get a hint from somebody I would be greatfull.

That is currently only possible with KVM VMs (using the web interface).

You need openvz containers?

You need openvz containers?
No, I'don't need it to be openvz. But I thought it would be faster with openvz.

So I will try with KVM, and see how it will work.

Or is there a possibility on the command line with openvz?

Martin

No, it support more than one, but not on the web interface. Instead you need to configure that manually using vzctl. see

# man vzctl

the option to look for is:

Code:
--netif_add ifname[,mac,host_ifname,host_mac,bridge]

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!