[SOLVED] Multiple host in transport rule.

Rode

Feb 6, 2023
Is it possible to add multiple hosts to a transport rule for the same relay domain. This so that we can always put a mail server under maintenance and we do not have to do this manually. Looking at the postfix documentation I see that this is possible.

https://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

I assume you mean the option to put multiple transports there in a comma-separated list?

My approach to this would be to have a DNS-entry with 2 A records - and have your transport point to that (SMTP and DNS work quite well for load-balancing and fail-over)?

Else: not sure if this would work through the GUI - but you can try - and if this is not possible you can try manually adding it in the config-file (and running postmap) afterwards ...

Let us know how it works out

We created 2 DNS a records and that works fine.
Can you please explain to me in more detail what you did? We also want to implement this in our system and I haven't found a way around it

We created 2 DNS records with the same name, which represents our 2 Exchange servers (smpt.blabla.com 10.10.10.10 and smtp.blabla.com 10.10.10.11). In Proxmox - mail proxy - transports we use the DNS record (smtp.blabla.com) by the host. When 1 of the Exchange servers is down or in maintenance Proxmox uses the other Exchange server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!