mouse wheel

how can i enable the mouse wheel
when i open vnc console??

Just tried this on winxp guest without success (I tried to change to mouse driver in windows). which guest OS do you have?

xp
windows 2003
ubuntu 810 desktop
all can not use mouse wheel

Last edited:
Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 has no mouse wheel function as well.

Has there been any progress on this bug in the preceding months?

Q. Why a secret bug tracker?

Last edited:
Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 has no mouse wheel function as well.

Has there been any progress on this bug in the preceding months?

Why a secret bug tracker?

this is a KVM issue (mouse wheel does never work as far as I know), please file a bug there (see http://www.linux-kvm.org/) - maybe there is already one. but this if of minor importance so far.

The KVM bug has been closed with message "This sounds like a vnc client issue. gtkvncviewer works fine."

According to this tigervnc feature request it definetly looked like tigervnc java client issue, so I extracted mouse wheel related stuff from the patch, rebuilt VncViewer.jar, tested and I can say the mouse wheel works properly.

I attach the patch and hope it will be included in some future version of vncterm package.

[EDIT]: Everything applies to PVE 2.x too, so i think the thread should be moved to Proxmox VE 2.x: Installation and configuration forum.

Attachments

• mouse-wheel.patch.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!