Mounting NFS Storage not working

gr3Y

Mar 7, 2024
Hi

trying to mount a NFS storage from GUI and that is failing, there is no folder being discovered after entering the IP.

If I mount NFS using mount 192.168.0.10:/volume2/proxmox-NFS /mnt/test/ it works...

Also tried to modify storage.cfg by adding
nfs: test-NFS
export /volume2/proxmox-NFS
path /mnt/pve/test-NFS
server 192.168.0.10
content vztmpl,iso,backup,images,rootdir,snippets
prune-backups keep-daily=5,keep-last=6,keep-monthly=1

It shows up in the GUI, but is still not connected...

maybe anyone any ideas how to investigate that? ;)

Proxmox uses the following commands to query and healthcheck the NFS server:
sbin/showmount --no-headers --exports $server
/usr/sbin/rpcinfo -T $transport $ip nfs 4

can you run them successfully? Note that manual mount bypasses these. You may need to enable RPC on your NFS server, even though its not required for NFSv4

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Proxmox uses the following commands to query and healthcheck the NFS server:
sbin/showmount --no-headers --exports $server
/usr/sbin/rpcinfo -T $transport $ip nfs 4

can you run them successfully? Note that manual mount bypasses these. You may need to enable RPC on your NFS server, even though its not required for NFSv4

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
both runs into timeout...
The NFS storage is hostet on a Synology device, I maybe need to check there...

yes I also found some posts, but no solution, but mounting NFS per shell and map the folder to the storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!