More secure VM delete

PSz

Feb 19, 2024
Please add more id information about VM to delete message:
1711627123435.png
Name is obvious.
Information about last backups is very useful and desired.

Additionaly - selected storage in VM/Backup page should be persistent:
1711627747971.png
It is reset to first item after every VM change.

Attachments

• 1711627776691.png
    1711627776691.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 7
I also would like to see that.
I've got lots of PBS storages pointing to different PBS and namespaces. Half of them are read-only so useless to have them in the list if backup targets.
And of the other half, 2/3 of them (namespaces for weekly and daily backup jobs) are always disabled and will only be temporarily enabled by VZDump hook scripts. I only care about the last 1/6th that point to namespaces used for manually triggered backups. And half of those are only available 1 day per week while still being enabled. Unluckily those enabled but not available PBS storages are first in alphanumerical order so whenever I open the backup tab it will hang for a short time trying to pull data of the storage that isn't available and I then have to wait to select the available one as the backup target. Would be really nice if the webUI could remember the last-used storage and pre-select it.
And yes...I could disable that storage after each manual backup and enable it again before doing the next one. But I'm too lazy for that and I can't work with VZdump hook scripts as for that I would need to start the manual backup and I can't start it when the storage is disabled as it then won't be shown in the backup storage selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSz
1711627747971.png

It is reset to first item after every VM change.

For reference:
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4145

Reactions: PSz and Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!