Monitoring with Zabbix Not Working

flavio.bk

Jul 19, 2022
I am trying to use Zabbix to monitor Proxmox
Template Proxmox VE by HTTP (https://git.zabbix.com/projects/ZBX...mplates/app/proxmox?at=refs/heads/release/6.0)

Zabbix 6.0
PVE 6.4-4

-- API TOKEN configured
-- Uncheck Privilege Separation option

The Last Results are:

Proxmox: API service status1h 44m 38sOK (200)
Proxmox: Get cluster resources42s{"data":[{"id":"node/node01","type":"node","level":"","node":"node01","status":"online"}]}
Proxmox: Get cluster status1m 13sError getting data

What can I do to solve this problem ?

Attachments

• img-forum-proxmox.png
    img-forum-proxmox.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 415
Reactions: pablopol24
hi,

when you check the URL https://{HOST.CONN}:{$PVE.URL.PORT}/api2/json/cluster/status manually does it respond with the correct status information for the cluster?

you can try doing a curl (with the cookie and CSRF token attached, or using the API token) and post the response here

hi,

when you check the URL https://{HOST.CONN}:{$PVE.URL.PORT}/api2/json/cluster/status manually does it respond with the correct status information for the cluster?

you can try doing a curl (with the cookie and CSRF token attached, or using the API token) and post the response here
Hi oguz,
I followed your suggest.
With Cookies, passed ok. With ApiToken I had problem using curl because the exclamation point: !
suggest.png

At sametime, I created a new TokenAPI/SecretToken and now I received all itens:) however with no data:(
I am waiting if something happens:
no-data.png

Last edited:
Update:
Problem Solved
The data have been received.

The problem was the api token/secret.

Last edited:
Reactions: oguz
for me the {HOST.CONN} don't bring any value, do you have some idea where could be the error?, if I write manually the ip or hostname, I can run the test successfully.

JHDFkToUPv.png

For me it works neither with checked nor unchecked priviledge separation, unfortunatly.

What does priv sep do and how can i debug my zabbix access?

same problem here always Unknown Error (520) there is no post to explain how tshoot this issue

After quite a bit of googling I found that a timeout can result in 520 codes.

As soon as I added a firewall rule allowing the zabbix server to talk to the proxmox host on tcp/8006 it sprung to life. Still confusing the hell out of me tho as the template is applied to the proxmox host and not the zabbix server. Not sure why the check isn't done by the agent on the proxmox host.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!