Monitor "out of range"

Namaruuu

Apr 24, 2023
Hi, first, sorry if my english is bad... I know a lot of posts are in there for this problem, but i can't find the way how to modify any options on the kernel to run the installation of proxmox VE 7.4.1,
I installed 6.4 but i can't upgrade it to 7.4.1 that's why I tried to newly installed the latest version.

I tried on a DL380 g7 server.

Can anybody help me please...

Okay, when you get to the grub menu on the iso, choose the option you want, and tap 'e', that will bring up the edit window. There is a line labelled "Linux", that's where the options go. When you've made your changes, you tap the "F10" key (double-check that, I'm typing this from memory.)

I don't have the grub menu when i boot from a USB key, with the proxmox 7.4.2 iso
Okay, when you get to the grub menu on the iso, choose the option you want, and tap 'e', that will bring up the edit window. There is a line labelled "Linux", that's where the options go. When you've made your changes, you tap the "F10" key (double-check that, I'm typing this from memory.)

sorry i found it, i didn't think the grub of proxmox was this, i have the edit menu, thanks you

Okay so, I tried to edit my grub boot line, and when I type "nomodeset" at the end of the line "linux" I don't have the "out of range" but now I have no signal on my monitor...

my problem seems solved with "module_blacklist=radeonfb" at the line "linux", now i can install the latest version !!!!

I explain clearly :
When boot on the iso with a USB or something
You are on the grub of ProxMox with 2 possibilites : "Install proxmox XX" or "Advanced Option"
put your selection on "Install ProxMox XX" and type "e"
Some line of code will be displayed:
echo
linux
echo
boot

go at the end of the line "linux" and type : module_blacklist=radeonfb with no "

ctrl+x and here we go !

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuke Bloodaxe
Reactions: Nuke Bloodaxe
Supermicro X8DTL-iF
Lots of reading re this problem, nothing works (for me)
Monitor reports out of range
H frequency 81KHz
V frequency F4Hz
Tried vga=795, got a grub error
depricated, use
Code:
set gfxpayload=1280x1024x24 before linux command
that didn't work either!!
nor did module_blacklist=radeonfb

on the buzilla forum, it is suggested use the non-graphic installer - that errors also

any help please?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!