mitigations=off with proxmox-boot-tool - How?

bleomycin

Renowned Member
Mar 20, 2011
My system is apparently being managed with promxox-boot-tool, when I ran update-grub after adding mitigations=off to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line in /etc/default/grub. However I cannot figure out how to apply mitigations=off or its equivalent to the system as it doesn't seem to be using grub and somehow i'm unable to google for this answer. Thanks for any help!

You can check which bootloader is used using the manual. The kernel parameters for systemd-boot are set in /etc/kernel/cmdline. In either case you'll need to apply those changes using proxmox-boot-tool refresh.
Thank you that was very helpful!

For anyone who may find this, I was able to disable mitigations by adding mitigations=off to the end of /etc/kernel/cmdline followed by running proxmox-boot-tool refresh

That file now looks like this:

root=ZFS=rpool/ROOT/pve-1 boot=zfs mitigations=off

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!