Minor UI Quibbles

alphadog

Nov 5, 2008
Proxmox team:

After having uploaded a bunch of ISOs to PVE, I noticed that the installation media drop-down does not sort the ISOs, which makes it a linear scan to find the ISO you want.

Also, a period in the VM name will cause the name to be truncated in the Virtual Machine general listing. For example, I created a KVM VM named "Ub8.10_LNPP", and it lists itself as "Ub8" when listing all machines.

These are minor, but as a developer, I appreciate attentive users who take time for feedback. My turn to be on the giving end! :)

Proxmox team:

After having uploaded a bunch of ISOs to PVE, I noticed that the installation media drop-down does not sort the ISOs, which makes it a linear scan to find the ISO you want.

Also, a period in the VM name will cause the name to be truncated in the Virtual Machine general listing. For example, I created a KVM VM named "Ub8.10_LNPP", and it lists itself as "Ub8" when listing all machines.

These are minor, but as a developer, I appreciate attentive users who take time for feedback. My turn to be on the giving end! :)

thanks for reporting, files a bug here.

Did you mean to put a link in there somewhere?

means that I confirm these issues and that I filed a bug into our internal bug tracker.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!