minor issue

wbravin

Sep 7, 2022
Hello all

For the past month i have moved all my trunas scale, home assistant and opnsense to my dell r720.

It al works fine unless i screw it up (which i do often when i tinker).

As mentioned My proxmox server (8.0.4) has 3 vms
  1. opnsense (currently not fully configured or activated unless i'm learning). It has passthrough USBs and HBA. all software is installed and running on a 500gb ssd. I installed 6 HDD that are solely used by truenas
  2. Home Assistant OS which benefits from a passthrough usb
  3. truenas scale which benefits from a passthrough HBA and 6 HHD
The issue
on all my windows machine 10 and 11 under networks i see the truenas scale server how ever i do not see the proxmox server as a server nor do i see the HOme assist vm
I did go through all my windows and adapter configuration steps to no avail

Is this a correct situation or did i miss a configuration step.

I know that this is not a crucial issue

I' learning and i just want to ensure that i did not miss something

Thank you for your patience and shel

how ever i do not see the proxmox server as a server nor do i see the HOme assist vm
I did go through all my windows and adapter configuration steps to no avail
What do you mean? PVE got no NAS capabilities and with no SMB server running don't expect to see any network shares.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!