Minor but annoying iPad swipe bug

chudak

May 11, 2019
Hello

This is for iPad and pbs only (pve UI works as expected).

See attached. If you swipe using your finger in the area 1, all works fine.
However if you start from the area 2 (and any other places below) swipe gesture is broken.

Pls fix !
Thx

Attachments

• D27AE397-0010-4840-B312-F419CF8FA778.jpeg
    D27AE397-0010-4840-B312-F419CF8FA778.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 12
I think this is an issue with touchscreens in general. If you swipe in such areas the “system” gets confused because it doesn’t know what you want to do. Scroll the whole page/frame or zoom in/out on the graph? Then it often stalls.

I think this is an issue with touchscreens in general. If you swipe in such areas the “system” gets confused because it doesn’t know what you want to do. Scroll the whole page/frame or zoom in/out on the graph? Then it often stalls.

You can' swipe in the "graph" areas. but the areas as I shown as #2 are "swipe-able" and pve works just fine

Can or can’t? I’ m confused :(

The “problem“ I’m describing I’m having in PBS as well as in PVE (I’m using an iPad).

Can't sorry

See pics (it from a PC just to illustrate the idea, but apply only to iPad)

PVE areas in the grey rectangle pve (Uptime ..), CPU usage, Server load, Memory usage - swipe fine

pve.png

PBS area in the grey and under PBS_ZFS - swipe fine, but in the grey box Transfer Rate, Input/Output and IO delay - do not swipe at all !

pbs.png

Ok, got it ;)

Did a test and can confirm. But if you start swiping in the upper area and as long as the screen is moving it does work in the lower areas. Strange :oops:o_O

Reactions: chudak
i looked a bit into it, and i think in know what you mean (i did not have an ipad here, but tested with chromes devtools to simulate one)
AFAIU, the problem is that you cannot scroll the panels with charts in it correct?

if yes, this seems to be some limitation of extjs' charts libary. it seems that it handles the touch input itself and overriding default extjs behaviour.

the only thing i could offer for now, it to make the space between the panels bigger and draggable...
so you'd have to start dragging between the panels.
would that work for you?

Just tried it with an Androidtablet (v9) and see the same, so it looks more a touchscreen issue than an iPad issue. How I experience it is that scrolling in the upper part is ok, but start scrolling/swiping in the graph part doesn’t work (no movement). The graph functions (zoom in/out) do work though. And if you start the scrolling from the upper part and as long as you keep the screen(content) moving then it works also in the graph part :rolleyes:. Same behaviour in PBS and PVE (for me).

Last edited:
i looked a bit into it, and i think in know what you mean (i did not have an ipad here, but tested with chromes devtools to simulate one)
AFAIU, the problem is that you cannot scroll the panels with charts in it correct?

if yes, this seems to be some limitation of extjs' charts libary. it seems that it handles the touch input itself and overriding default extjs behaviour.

the only thing i could offer for now, it to make the space between the panels bigger and draggable...
so you'd have to start dragging between the panels.
would that work for you?

I guess, everything will help !

Why is pbs different from pve UI ?

Why is pbs different from pve UI ?
it should not be.. here pve also does not allow dragging on the charts... do you maybe use pve 6 still? the extjs version changed between pve 6/7 and pbs 1/2 ..

it should not be.. here pve also does not allow dragging on the charts... do you maybe use pve 6 still? the extjs version changed between pve 6/7 and pbs 1/2 ..

This is definitely PBS specific and I am sure I run 7.0 PVE and this problem is not there.

See my pics above. I am not talking about the charts areas, I am talking about the rectangles above them

well i can definitely not drag the title bar (the grey bar with the title of the panel in it) in pve as well..
anyhow, i'll send a patch for pbs where we have a bit more space between the panels for dragging...

yes, its for the 'proxmox-widget-toolkit' package which contains the gui code that is shared across products

Got it. Any estimate on when this will be in the PBS (non-subscription) and PVE (enterprise) repos?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!