Method for displaying VM IOPS metrics on specific storage

static302

May 10, 2023
Hello,
There are times when we need to address issues related to noisy guests by storage. For instance, if we encounter slow storage and need to identify which VM or LXC is utilizing the majority of the resources.
I have created some per-cluster/node dashboards in Grafana utilizing the default Proxmox VE metrics exporter for monitoring guests' CPU and memory consumption. However, when it comes to storage, I am struggling to find an efficient way to display only specific machines (represented by disks on specific storage).
Theoretically, I could achieve this by creating a variable with a list of disks via API requests using the marcusollson-json-datasource. However, I think that this approach may result in a high volume of API requests being executed each time the dashboard is opened or the filter is changed.
Maybe somebody already did something like this already?

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!