[SOLVED] merge two servers

PetrolDriver

Nov 2, 2023
Hi,

Is it possible to merge two servers, that I can use the local and remote storage (shared storage) on both servers and that I am able to clone/migrate the virtual machines from one server to the other server?

Why did someone delete my post from yesterday?
There were very useful answers in the thread. :mad:

I tried to create a cluster on one server (empty, no virtual machines). How can I remove the cluster from this server?
Code:
pvecm status

systemctl stop pve-cluster.service
rm /etc/pve/corosync.conf
It is not possible to remove it's own cluster from the local server.

Yesterday someone wrote that a cluster only make sense with more than 3 servers.
Here I found a tutorial which shows the setup with only two servers.

What happens if one of the server fails. If on both servers are the same virtual machines and the virtual machines are stored on a shared storage - what happens then? Can the "cluster" run with only one server until the second server will be fixed?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why did someone delete my post from yesterday?
There were very useful answers in the thread.
You post probably trigger the spam filter and disappeared temporarily until it was restored later. It happens a lot with new members.
Yesterday someone wrote that a cluster only make sense with more than 3 servers.
Here I found a tutorial which shows the setup with only two servers.

What happens if one of the server fails. If on both servers are the same virtual machines and the virtual machines are stored on a shared storage - what happens then? Can the "cluster" run with only one server until the second server will be fixed?
I think I mostly answer this in a reply to your previous thread yesterday. Proxmox can cluster nodes but you need at least three votes (2 nodes, 1 qdevice, it's in the manual).

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!