Memory usage chart vs. ZFS cache

mcfly9

May 11, 2022
Hi,

In a home lab environment, I have a server with 256GB RAM, a dozen VM's on it and a ZFS pool also in the same box. The RAM usage chart on the node summary page shows the total RAM usage, which makes sense.
A lot of times though, when I need to weigh how much RAM headroom I have for adding new VM's, it's back to the command line, looking at the ZFS cache RAM usage and subtracting from what the chart shows.
It would be nice if the RAM usage chart would show VM and ZFS RAM usage with a separate color.

In my case the chart always looks scary, but looking at it more carefully, out of the 240-200GB RAM usage, currently ~80GB is ARC and only 120GB is consumed by VM's - so no cause for concern, I can add quite a few more VM's.

1663448591875.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!