Mellanox drivers for Proxmox 8.2 Kernel 6.8

Hi

I noticed when upgrading from Proxmox 8.1 to 8.2 the Mellanox drivers fail to build.

Probably because of the kernel version change to 6.8. Everything worked fine with version 6.5.

I looked at the changelog for latest Mellanox drivers, but can't see anything relevant.

Does the latest Proxmox have minimum driver version?

Error logs below. Advice for fixing this?

Code:
./ofed_scripts/pre_build.sh 6.8.4-2-pve /lib/modules/6.8.4-2-pve/build mlnx-ofed-kernel 23.10.OFED.23.10.0.5.5.1......................................(bad exit status: 1)
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 6.8.4-2-pve (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/mlnx-ofed-kernel/23.10.OFED.23.10.0.5.5.1/build/make.log for more information.
Error! One or more modules failed to install during autoinstall.
Refer to previous errors for more information.
dkms: autoinstall for kernel: 6.8.4-2-pve failed!

Code:
Copying build sources from '/var/lib/dkms/mlnx-ofed-kernel/23.10.OFED.23.10.0.5.5.1/build/../build' to '/usr/src/ofa_kernel/x86_64/6.8.4-2-pve' ...
/bin/cp: cannot stat 'Module*.symvers': No such file or directory

Hi Joe,

Is there a reason why you need the out-the-tree drivers and don't work with the mainline drivers?
I assume that the drivers are simply not yet built together with the kernel because the kernel is too new and will only receive support for the new kernel with an update

Until then, you could pin the old kernel 6.5

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!