MariaDB problem after Proxmox upgrade

Haeiven

Jan 19, 2017
France
soleria.eu
Hi, ( sorry bad english, i'm french )

I've upgraded my 3.4 proxmox to 4.4, so all my VMs was converted from OpenVz to LXC.

The problem is:

On my LXC container, MariaDB won't launch.

Error:
Code:
root@soleria:~# systemctl status mariadb.service -l
● mariadb.service - MariaDB database server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
           └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-01-19 22:37:51 CET; 8min ag                                                                                                                                                             o
  Process: 4837 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/install -m 755 -o mysql -g root -d /var/ru                                                                                                                                                             n/mysqld (code=exited, status=226/NAMESPACE)

Jan 19 22:37:51 soleria systemd[1]: Starting MariaDB database server...
Jan 19 22:37:51 soleria systemd[1]: mariadb.service: control process exited, cod                                                                                                                                                             e=exited status=226
Jan 19 22:37:51 soleria systemd[1]: Failed to start MariaDB database server.
Jan 19 22:37:51 soleria systemd[1]: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.

Code:
Jan 19 22:47:36 soleria systemd[1]: Starting MariaDB database server...
-- Subject: Unit mariadb.service has begun with start-up
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
--
-- Unit mariadb.service has begun starting up.
Jan 19 22:47:36 soleria systemd[5232]: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /usr/bin/install: Permission denied
-- Subject: Process /usr/bin/install could not be executed
--
-- The process /usr/bin/install could not be executed and failed.
--
-- The error number returned while executing this process is 13.
Jan 19 22:47:36 soleria systemd[1]: mariadb.service: control process exited, code=exited status=226
Jan 19 22:47:36 soleria systemd[1]: Failed to start MariaDB database server.
-- Subject: Unit mariadb.service has failed
--
-- Unit mariadb.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.
Jan 19 22:47:36 soleria systemd[1]: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.

Best regards,

EDIT: On my proxmox syslog:
Code:
Jan 19 23:31:49 ns3050005 kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1484865109.264:426): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default-cgns" name="/" pid=24175 comm="(install)" flags="rw, rslave"

Last edited:
IIRC I had to install systemd-sysv or install sysvinit and ditch systemd entirely in one or 2 similar cases with mariadb. There is a known compatibility problem regardung lcx and systemd in Jessie. I didn't dig deeper then bacause I lacked time to do that. In one case I installed systemd-sysv from Jessie backports and that solved it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!