Manage multiple proxmox hosts without clustering

hanoon

Renowned Member
Jul 1, 2014
Is there any way to manage multiple hosts (not part of cluster) from one interface - free or paid?

Similar to vCenter in terms of the ability to monitor / access all hosts in one pane of glass interface.

Thanks in advance.

You can "cluster" them without using any cluster filesystems, share storage or HA/failover, yet the cluster integration process has to be run. Then you'll have a "bunch of machines" you can administrate from one interface.

So, no, without clustering, the normal Proxmox VE webinterface will not be able to manage machines from "outside".

The only one thing what comes to my mind is puppet. But in don't know. Think this is the harder way. Maybe it is an good idea to use Foreman (https://theforeman.org/) Puppet is already indigreated.

If you're running them on the same network i'd recommend just clustering them without using any cluster features - it's basically a singular web interface. Also makes it easy to move machines around & see your overall resource usage. If you're concerned about end users having access you can restrict on the node level so they only have access to their piece of the pie.

You can't cluster if you have VMs without backing them up, removing them, then clustering and sending the VMs back.

Are all of your nodes usually online?

I have multiple small servers on an sdwan and managing them individually isn't practical. Is there an interface available to manage deployments/patches/updates for this sort of scenario? We could use salt but I'm not keen on the idea

If you're running them on the same network i'd recommend just clustering them without using any cluster features - it's basically a singular web interface. Also makes it easy to move machines around & see your overall resource usage. If you're concerned about end users having access you can restrict on the node level so they only have access to their piece of the pie.

You can't cluster if you have VMs without backing them up, removing them, then clustering and sending the VMs back.

Are all of your nodes usually online?
I know the topic is quite old. But I have 4 nodes running proxmox, but only one is running 24/7. However, it would be nice to manage them from one GUI and even use wakeonlan. How can I do that?

I know the topic is quite old. But I have 4 nodes running proxmox, but only one is running 24/7. However, it would be nice to manage them from one GUI and even use wakeonlan. How can I do that?
2 years later, same question here! Seeing all my instances without clustering in a single webui would be a lovely feature.

2 years later, same question here! Seeing all my instances without clustering in a single webui would be a lovely feature.
SolusVM and Virtualizor have been able to do this from day 1. So have a look at those products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Roland

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!