Mail From for notification message

You can configure the email addresses per user, see screenshot.

backup-server-email.png

Reactions: greavette
Thanks @janssensm for adding an enhancement request! I'm adding my voice to this as well as currently I have no way to receive emails on PBS activities without the ability to change the from address:

1606324421397.png

In PVE under Datacenter > Options I can change my Email From Address to what I need. This works to allow emails on PVE backups. I think it is a very important item to add to PBS.

Until the feature option can be added to PBS..is there a file or command we can issue from the terminal to update the email from address on PBS? Now that PBS is stable version 1 I'm beginning to rely heavily on PBS for my daily backups and would like to be notified on PBS tasks I have scheduled.

Thank you.

is there a file or command we can issue from the terminal to update the email from address on PBS
I don't think that's possible.
You probably could configure postfix to solve it but as PVE and PBS use a bit of their own logic around sending of emails, I didn't want to touch that.
As a workaround I decided to tweak my OPNsense for it.
I use OPNsense with postfix plugin as a smarthost, and have configured a sender canonical rewrite there to replace the sender address.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!