MAC OS X Appliance

Ubunter

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Guys,
I just got a request to install MAC OS Server as an Appliance in proxmox...

It's so strange for me, meanwhile I have no minimal idea in MAC, but googling, I found people installing Proxmox in MAC devices, but not MAC as an appliance...

I guess that I should charge it from an ISO file, they are no prepared appliance for that, I mean, the original MAC installer, but dose anybody try to do that, dose it work giving MAC Server, and/or MAC remote desktop service?

Any how to idea to start experimenting?

Regards

The MacOS X EULA forbids running it as a VM on non Apple hardware. As the Promox installer .iso has an old kernel with a buggy MCP89 driver, it won't boot on the current range of Mac hardware, so you are stuck. You can run Parallels bare metal hypervisor on a Mac to run MacOS X as a VM along with other VMs.

Last edited:
Is Ubuntu 10.10 server installing on mac hardware? If yes, our 2.6.35 kernel could work also? whats missing? As we have no mac hardware here its not possible to test.

Is Ubuntu 10.10 server installing on mac hardware? If yes, our 2.6.35 kernel could work also? whats missing? As we have no mac hardware here its not possible to test.

Ubuntu 10.10 server runs fine on Mac hardware, does need a couple of boot options passed to the kernel "nomodeset" and "reboot=pci".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!