[SOLVED] LXC (rocky linux) : no (french) accents

mediaklan

Sep 30, 2021
www.mediaklan.com
Hi to you all ! I'm having some unexpected issues to get accents in a lxc container with Rocky Linux (terminal, mousepad etc) using XFCE.
This is what localectl returns :
Code:
System Locale: LANG=en_US.utf8
     VC Keymap: us-intl
     X11 Layout: us
     X11 Model: pc105
     X11 Variant: intl
     X11 Options: terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
I prefer to have the system running in english, but occasionnally need to type accents, which I can usually do choosing a US alt keymap. But in this particular container, no matter what I'm trying, it seems I just can't get it right. I'm at a loss, since I'm not too sure if this is a LXC container limitation (but I can't get my head why that would influence this), a xrdp issue, a plain simple linux misconfiguration or maybe some packets missing.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong please ?

Note : I'm using a 60% keyboard and usually type `+e to get "è", or I can use a compose key like alt+e to get "é".

Last edited:
hmm ... I've isolate the issue to xrdp. I've still no idea how to solve this, but at the very least, I don't think this is appropriate for this forum (sorry for the noise).
I will close this topic.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!