LXC problems

emanuelebruno

Renowned Member
May 1, 2012
Catania
emanuelebruno.it
Hi all,
today I installed proxmox-ve_4.0-0d8559d0-17 (for the first time) on my new microserver hp gen 8 with 4 GB Ram, dual core and n.1 HD 250 GB (819185-421);
at fìrst I have selected ZFS RAID 0 (only 1 drive);
then I have enabled ZFS compression on rpool with this command:
Code:
zfs set compression=lz4 rpool
I have enabled the "ZFS" volume:
Cattura5.PNG
after, I went to "DATACENTER" -> "STORAGE" -> "MODIFY" -> "LOCAL" -> to enable "VZDump Backup" and to disable "Image Disc" and "Container":
Cattura.PNG
I met the first bug (I suppose) because even if I confirm with "OK" button, "Container" still appears to the list:
Cattura2.PNG
Anyway, I tryed to install an LXC container so I went to "local(PVE)"->"TEMPLATES"-> and I loaded "debian-8.0-standard" and "ubuntu-15.04-standard" but both gave me errors during installation. The first picture showes "local" volume installation :
Cattura3.PNG
This one showes the "zfs" volume installation:
Cattura4.PNG
What is it wrong with LXC in Proxmox 4.0?

If your local storage is on zfs please use zfsplugin to run Containers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!