LXC Error: connect ECONNREFUSED

bea

Dec 25, 2020
Hello.

I have a PVE 7.2-4 at home. I created an unprivileged Debian 11.7 container where I have just installed an app that I am trying to configure. That app should send some emails, so I have entered an email account credentials and its SMTP configuration but, when trying to send a test email I get the following message:

"Error: connect ECONNREFUSED X.X.X.X:587" (being X.X.X.X the IP address of my email server and 587 the port I specified)

I thought of checking connectivity but, when trying to ping my email server, I got the following error:
Code:
bea@mycontainer:~$ ping smtp.beamailserver.tld
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

I cannot ping anywhere, not even 127.0.0.1. That is from my user. However, I can ping everywhere -including my email server- from root.

This ping thing is not something I need to solve and I don't know if it is relevant, I am just letting you know in case it is related to this "connect ECONNREFUSED" error I am getting.

Thank you!

Please forget the message above - well, you already did : D
The cause of this ECONNREFUSED thing was just a connectivity issue, nothing to do with Proxmox.
Apologies!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!