lxc-attach and lxc-ls does not see containers created by DAB

qRoC

Aug 11, 2016
I try create LXC template:
$ make

But I get an error that the container can not be found.

Manual start:
$ lxc-start -n test -f /var/lib/vz/template/builds/debian-8.5-minimal-64/config
$ lxc-info -n test

Name: test
State: RUNNING
PID: 1658
CPU use: 0.26 seconds
Memory use: 9.19 MiB
KMem use: 0 bytes​

$ lxc-attach -n test --clear-env -- defenv /sbin/ldconfig
Error: container test is not defined​
$ lxc-ls -f

Porxmox 4.2
Debian 8.5

Last edited:
Yes this is due to a change in LXC after which it required an existing configuration (which with dab is not in its default search path), a patch to fix this has already been accepted upstream and we'll release the fixes with the next updates.

Between the last release and now they've moved some files to a different folder, so you'll have to rebase them. Also a few more changes were necessary after all which I'm currently tracking in a branch to be pushed upstream when ready.
First commit
branch
It also requires changes to DAB itself (to pass along the `-f` option with every command) which aren't pushed to the dab repository yet.

Should work with lxc-2.0.4 and dab 2.0-6 from the pvetest repositories.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!