LVM-Thin pool failing to repair after odd BIOS/RAID controller issue

iraven

Nov 2, 2022
Main Proxmox server is a PowerEdge R730xd, which has a couple of sata and SAS drives connected to the PERC H730 mini integrated controller.

I just updated the BIOS and iDRAC for no real reason other than staying up to date, suddenly the pair of (RAID0, help) SSDs that store a LVM-thin pool of VM OS disks show as Foreign (and the virtual disk not mounted). These SSDs are just a few months old, they still work and show 100% health on Hard Disk Sentinel/CrystalDiskInfo when plugged into my main PC.

I decided to delete the foreign config and create the virtual disk without initializing (formatting?) with the same parameters as the "former" one.

Searching around, found some prior posts on this forum and elsewhere on how to repair a LVM-thin volume with no real luck :/

Attachments show errors I'm getting with the store (that was restored with using pvcreate (uuid) and the restore file found in /etc/lvm/archive).
I feel like i'm terribly out of luck here, i've been dealing with this for hours! XP

Attachments

• firefox_Gme0OFRzIp.png
    firefox_Gme0OFRzIp.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 7jXopAmJml.png
    7jXopAmJml.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Z3CXABqpEe.png
    Z3CXABqpEe.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!