Lost IP to Webinterface

niklas_t

Feb 11, 2023
Hey,
so im running a proxmox server with 2 Ubuntu VMS that auto-start on boot.
Im passing the 2 GPUs of the machine straight to the VMS.
Now the problem is that i lost the IP/Port to the Proxmox web interface and since i pass the GPUs straight through I cant just plug in a cable and get the standard console that shows the IP/Port at the top.

How do i get to the IP again? any ideas?

Can you login to one of the Ubuntu VMs and browse to the Proxmox GUI from there? They can probably reach the IP of the Proxmox host via the virtual network bridge (if you did not put them on a separate virtual bridge).
Please check your IOMMU groups with this command (on the Proxmox host): for d in /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/*/devices/*; do n=${d#*/iommu_groups/*}; n=${n%%/*}; printf 'IOMMU group %s ' "$n"; lspci -nns "${d##*/}"; done. If one of the GPUs is in the same IOMMU group as the network controller then the Proxmox host also loses that device (and the other ones in the group) when you start the VM, making it unreachable via IP.

HI,
you could scan you local network with a tools such as nmap from the VM or a different machine in the same subnet, if you still know the subnet address and netmask. Especially you could check for machines with open port 8006.

Another idea could be to look for the ip in the arp table, if you know the mac address for the interface in question.

This of course assumes the network interface has not been renamed and the interface config is invalid, as hinted by @leesteken

HI,
you could scan you local network with a tools such as nmap from the VM or a different machine in the same subnet, if you still know the subnet address and netmask. Especially you could check for machines with open port 8006.

Another idea could be to look for the ip in the arp table, if you know the mac address for the interface in question.

This of course assumes the network interface has not been renamed and the interface config is invalid, as hinted by @leesteken
if found a ip with this port open but i cant connect to it.
Is there any way to just boot into a shell or something?

HI,

oh. i forgot to add https:// at the beginning. it works now

Reactions: Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!