Login failed - web interface

demetri90

Jun 27, 2013
I had to do a reinstall of Proxmox because I screwed up the partitions, but I got it up again and working fine, except that I can't login to the web interface with the root account, just keeps saying login failed. I'm using Linux authentication, and I can SSH into it using same password. What gives?

Upon further investigation, running the "pvesm list" command yields me

Code:
400 Parameter verification failed.
storage: property is missing and it is not optional

Isn't that a quite good error message? You need to specify the storage:

Code:
# pvesm help list
USAGE: pvesm list <storage> [OPTIONS]

List storage content.

<storage>  string

The storage identifier.

-content   string

Only list content of this type.

-vmid      integer (1 - N)

Only list images for this VM

Not sure what the storage identifier is or how I should find out, either way, I'm just trying to figure out why I can't login, is there someway I can run a debug on the CLI while trying to login via web to see whats going on?

Ok, I tried doing a fresh install once again, configured my /etc/network/interfaces file to support LACP. Everything connects fine, but can't login via the web interface, just says "Login failed - Please try again"

Here's my interfaces file

Code:
#auto lo
#iface lo inet loopback

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet static
        address 192.168.10.12
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.10.255
        gateway 192.168.10.1

slaves eth1 eth2

bond-mode balance-rr

bond-miimon 100
        bond-downdelay 200
        bond-updelay 200

I think I figured it out, enabled the local loopback interface in the /etc/network/interfaces file and I can login now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!