Log files

dpearceFL

Jun 1, 2020
In looking through the forum posts, I see old posts with my answer but...

I need to create a rather complex VM in Proxmox but from the command line. I see comments that say things like "Create the VM using the GUI then look at the logs for a qm create command". What "logs" are never mentioned.

I've looked through the syslogs for this host and in /var/log/pve and have found nothing.

I want to see the exact command(s) that were run when the VM was created using the GUI.

Thanks.

I need to create a rather complex VM in Proxmox but from the command line. I see comments that say things like "Create the VM using the GUI then look at the logs for a qm create command". What "logs" are never mentioned.
Not sure where you read it, but you wont see a copy/pastable QM line in the log that corresponds to GUI API request.
What "logs" are never mentioned.
In latest PVE, coinciding with OS updates the logs are contained in journalctl: journalctl -f
I want to see the exact command(s) that were run when the VM was created using the GUI.
You will be better off reading the documentation, ie "man qm"

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!