linux26 dmraid=true - Kernel panic

ta3d

May 27, 2009
When I installed a original debian lenny on my server having a lsi megaraid onboard with the installboot option linux26 dmraid=true i could see the in bios configured raid1 and install on it. But with the proxmox ve 1.2 also based on lenny I get a kernel panic. Did you removed dmraid modules/drivers from your lenny clone ?? Is it a kernel problem ? is this option in your bootloader valid ? Do I need another kernel. Did you throw out fakeraid modules from your kernel? would it be possible to integrate them again and recompile the kernel on my own ??

kernel panic : vfs Unable to mount root fs on unknown block

thanks for help

When I installed a original debian lenny on my server having a lsi megaraid onboard with the installboot option linux26 dmraid=true i could see the in bios configured raid1 and install on it. But with the proxmox ve 1.2 also based on lenny I get a kernel panic. Did you removed dmraid modules/drivers from your lenny clone ?? Is it a kernel problem ? is this option in your bootloader valid ? Do I need another kernel. Did you throw out fakeraid modules from your kernel? would it be possible to integrate them again and recompile the kernel on my own ??

kernel panic : vfs Unable to mount root fs on unknown block

thanks for help

softraid/fakeraid is not supported and there a lot of discussions and howtos to workaround, just search the forum.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!