KVM machine down after backup

copymaster

Nov 25, 2009
Hi!

I have two SLES 10 KVM machines running on a cluster (1 master, 3 Nodes).
All VMS are on a ISCSI/LVM Store.

On Node 2 there's a SLES 10 which is backed up in a 2-day recurrence via SNAPSHOT. Works fine.

On Node 3 there's a new SLES 10 KVM. With this VM there are some problems. If i back it up via SNAPSHOT or SUSPEND, the backup runs fine, but the machine is OFFLINE afterwards. In the Backup log, it says, machine is up and running after backup, but thats not true!
I have to manually start the machine and it seems like the machine is confused because it will do a full filesystemcheck on boot!

Now i tried to backup via STOP, but that does not work, it gives Error:

command 'qm --skiplock shutdown 120 && qm wait 120 600' failed with exit code 255

What can i do to backup this machine without error? Is there a way?

I use PROXMOX VE 1.9 and on the specific NODE i had to downgrade the KERNEL because of failures with another UBUNTU Server which freezes with new kernel.

Please help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!