KVM live migration using local lvm. Any way?

I was under the same impression, that LVM should be faster that .raw.
But my test show no big difference, than maybe I did something wrong .. do you actually get better performance using local LVM?

LVM is extremely faster and reliable especially than a (cheap) network shared storage system. To be safe and fast using SAN are needed, at least, two different syncronized storage units, two different ethernet infrastructure (2 switch, 2 ups, 802.3ad, etc.), 10Gbps speed connection and a commercial storage software (like open-e, drbd sucks).

LVM is also better than local storage for the snapshot feature, allowing backups of running kvm systems.

The only big missing thing is an easy live migration feature between different hosts in a cluster. That's why my question...

I am not sure if I understand your question, but I hope you are aware that open-e replication is based on DRBD your comment on this is not that clear ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!