Jellyfin as an LXC containers can't see subdirectories

Diaxpel

Mar 22, 2024
I'm running a Proxmox VE with TrueNas Scale VM and Jellyfin as an unprivileged LXC container (installed through tteck's Helper Scripts). I followed this tutorial, minus the docker-compose part, to add media libraries in Truenas to Jellyfin.

I mounted the sharename to /mnt/lxc_shares/nas_rwx on the host, then create a mountpoint inside Jellyfin's container as /mnt/nas. When I try to add a media libraries on Jellyfin web UI, it's only show /mnt/nas, instead of displaying folders like Anime, TV Shows and Movies. Running cd /mnt/nas and ls on Jellyfin's shell shows that all of the folders in there, as well as their subdirectories as I go in further.

Another weird phenomenon is that after rebooting the host, Jellyfin always failed to autostart. Removing the previous mountpoint in Jellyfin seems to do the trick. But, that would be counter-productive. This is what Proxmox outputted:

Code:
run_buffer: 322 Script exited with status 19
lxc_init: 844 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "103"
__lxc_start: 2027 Failed to initialize container "103"
TASK ERROR: startup for container '103' failed

Is this because of misconfiguration in Proxmox or in TrueNas Scale? I'm pretty new to this field and might've set TrueNas's permissions wrongly. Would love to hear from you guys on how to fix this.

Here's is my ACL permissions, I have checked "Apply permissions recursively" and "Apply permissions to child datasets". This dataset is set to use SMB/NFSv4 ACL type:
image_2024-03-22_221444291.png

I am experiencing the same issue: able to modify and interact with the mounted drive in the console, but the web UI only showing /mnt/nas. I updated permissions on the Synology end without any luck. I used tteck's Helper Scripts to install the unprivileged containers: TurnKey LXC Appliances and Jellyfish Media Server.

Attachments

• container.png
    container.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 5
Exactly same issue but using TrueNAS VM. I can read/write files via console but cant see the same on jellyfin UI. Log is showing that I'm having a permission denied but all folders has the same owners/permissions.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!