Issues bridging Wireless Network Adapter

TheElitePotato

Mar 17, 2024
Hey all,
I am having an issue getting connectivity to my VMs.
I have a USB wireless adapter for Wi-Fi connectivity to my internet.
When I try to make a Linux bridge from Wi-FI adapter <--> vmbr0 to have a VM bridge, it changes my default gateway / routes and I can no longer access my server from my PC or anything. If I don't bridge the adapters, that's fine but then I can't figure out how to get ANY internet connection to my actual test Ubuntu VM.
So I'm at a loss. Not really sure if I'm missing a router forwarding thing here or something else needs done. I can put everything statically and still nothing works.
I pasted images of my proxmox networking devices.
1710638908966.png

sdn do the Masquerading automatically, which create a bridge vnet1 and add iptables rules.
VMs will use an internal subnet ip. VM's ip need to be set manually because there isn't dhcp server inside the internal subnet.

Reactions: TheElitePotato

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!