Issue with multiple NFS storage mounts on the same server

AraToken

Jul 8, 2021
Hi!

i am currently a bit lost while trying to get a storage running. In my current setup i am trying to add two NFS storages to my cluster that both reside on the same server runnign with DRBD.

The storage.cfg is definetely correct pointing to the right exports:
Stor1 - export /mnt/drbd0
Stor2 - export /mnt/drbd1

For some reason proxmox has issues while mounting the second storage and i am not sure why. It either tries to mount both as drbd0 or drbd1 but never one as 0 and the other one as 1 as it should be.

Is there perhaps a known issue when trying to use the same server source IP for multiple different nfs storages? If so: am i required to configure a second IP for my drbd1 storage even when it lies on the same server?

Thank you in advance!

Hey,

can you try mounting them manually with mount -v -t nfs ... and post the output? Could you also post exportfs -v from the server? Using the same IP for multiple NFS exports is usually not a problem.

Hi,

i tried using a different IP for the second mount but the same issue is present. For some reason according to df -h is the storage even mounted multiple times with the same size which stor2 should be. (the first one is supposed to be around 8 TB)

Code:
10.10.10.222:/mnt/drbd1   12T     0   12T   0% /mnt/pve/STOR2
10.10.10.222:/mnt/drbd1   12T     0   12T   0% /mnt/pve/STOR1
10.10.10.223:/mnt/drbd1   12T     0   12T   0% /mnt/pve/STOR2

Mounting the storage manually does work as expected so i assume it has to do something with Proxmox. Sadly i cannot provide output for exportfs -v because the command does not exist.

We used nfs storage with drbd before on the same cluster so i am confused why it does not work now. Only difference was here that we only had 1 mount instead of 2.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!