Issue of Global connectivity of Windows using RDP

Umang_Agarwal

May 5, 2024
I installed Proxmocx on one of my hardware and created 2 windows VM's using its web interface, now i want to make them available for global connectivity using RDP but i am not able to figureout IP/port with which i can connect that VM , any solution or tutorial for it ?

RDP shoud not be exposed publicly.
You need one of them :
Firewall rules to accept only autorized static public ip
VPN
SSH
(RD Gateway for enterprise with AD )

No actually i need them globally accessible, but as my router only have 1 public ip and i want all vms to be accessed globally, so need it like ip:port for global access, how to assign specific ip and port to each vm ?

frp will help here...
There are multiple Windows2022 and Ubuntu Destop VMs in my 4-nodes PVE cluster, for security issue I use private IP addresses and a pair of VYOS routers NAT (PAT) them to Internet. An AWS ECS installed FRP runing as frp server, the Windows in PVE installed frp client, then I can RDP://AWS-public-ip:specifiec-port-number to access PVE intranet VMs. Don't forget to allow the "specific-port-number" in AWS VM security-group...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!