Issue after Proxmox update

tessierp

Mar 28, 2022
Hi,

I just installed the latest Proxmox updates (pve-manager/7.1-11/8d529482 (running kernel: 5.13.19-6-pve) and after I rebooted, all my VMs started OK except for the Docker Cluster VMs. For some reason, the message I am getting is that there are some dependencies broken. The VM was working fine before this. Anyone else have similar issues?

I even tried to restore an old backup I knew worked and it fails.. Upon the VM booting, it complains the API socket :

░░ Subject: A start job for unit dbus.socket has finished successfully
░░ A start job for unit dbus.socket has finished successfully.
Mar 28 16:09:06 PTR1-Cluster-1 systemd[1]: Starting Docker Socket for the API.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit docker.socket has begun execution
░░ A start job for unit docker.socket has begun execution.
Mar 28 16:09:06 PTR1-Cluster-1 systemd[418]: docker.socket: Failed to resolve group docker: No such process
Mar 28 16:09:06 PTR1-Cluster-1 systemd[1]: docker.socket: Control process exited, code=exited, status=216/GROUP
░░ An ExecStartChown= process belonging to unit docker.socket has exited.
Mar 28 16:09:06 PTR1-Cluster-1 systemd[1]: docker.socket: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
░░ The unit docker.socket has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 28 16:09:06 PTR1-Cluster-1 systemd[1]: Failed to listen on Docker Socket for the API.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit docker.socket has failed
░░ A start job for unit docker.socket has finished with a failure.

running "dockerd" also raises many issues with net.ipv4 such as :

ERRO[2022-03-28T16:26:56.606600726-04:00] error reading the kernel parameter net.ipv4.vs.conn_reuse_mode error="open /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/conn_reuse_mode: no such file or directory"
ERRO[2022-03-28T16:26:56.606687545-04:00] error reading the kernel parameter net.ipv4.vs.expire_nodest_conn error="open /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn: no such file or directory"
ERRO[2022-03-28T16:26:56.606708265-04:00] error reading the kernel parameter net.ipv4.vs.expire_quiescent_template error="open /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template: no such file or directory"

---------

Update : Tried 2 backups I know worked and they all fail.. Same issue.

Any clue what is causing this?

Last edited:
Please disregard. I really do not know how this happened but somehow something deleted the docker group...

Must have been during a package update on the VM. I just have not restarted the VM in a long time and I didn't remember (system has been that solid). Not sure what caused the suppression of the docker group but it is not PROXMOX related.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!