ISO Upload freezing

FinnFixitMan

Jun 16, 2020
New Zealand
Hi, Im new to Proxmox, was a user of FreeNAS for my server but been looking at other solutions to my needs with VM's and the sort, I installed it fine to my test machine, not a new machine at all but it does what I need. Its a Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, (this is only for testing due to not wanting to touch FreeNAS while it still is being used as a NAS.

The laptop is running a i5 3320m with 12gb of DDR3 Sodimm ram and then for storage im using a
Kingston 16gb Data Traveller USB 3.0 USB for boot and a 120gb msata ssd and a 320gb harddrive.

Proxmox doesnt seem to be having any speed issues and im not uploading to the boot disk but to the SSD since I want to run my VMs from that drive.
I have tried different things, like a different boot drive and using a different browser to upload but its still not working.
Would love to hear from you.
Thanks Finn

Edit: I found a way to fix it using WinSCP and connecting via root and then accessing my SSD which is setup as a directory and upload my ISO's that way under /mnt/pve/*drivename*/template/iso

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Its a Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, (this is only for testing due to not wanting to touch FreeNAS while it still is being used as a NAS.

Is this connected over wifi? If so, you could try a wired connection to see if it correlates with that.
You could also check the browsers developer console on that PVE interface tab to see if any errors are logged there, or the network request gets an error reply/abort after some time. If so the specific error would be interesting.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!