iso in cluster proxmox

jorge_jvm

Renowned Member
May 1, 2014
Hello colleagues, I wanted to see if anyone can guide me in this regard to the isos in Proxmox, I have a cluster with two servers, but server 2 does not see any iso I uploaded to server 1, if I upload the iso to server 2 from the web, it takes me 1, no way that you can see? or I have to move them?

regards

For that to work, you should have a shared storage (NFS or SAMBA).
You shoul upload isos to that storage, and every server can then use it.

Hi, in previous version (1.9) iso were replicated between servers. I think it would be useful to have the same in latest version, perhaps discriminating using the flag shared already present.

they were not (and never have been). you probably saved them onto a shared storage.

ISO images were indeed auto-replicated from the master node to the others sometime back in 1.X
But I can setup shared storage or replicate them myself, no big deal really.

What irritates me is even if you have the same ISO copied onto two nodes you cannot live migrate with an ISO attached.
We could do that in 1.X, I sure do miss that.

I don't want to setup shared storage just for ISO images, scp works just fine for me.

What irritates me is even if you have the same ISO copied onto two nodes you cannot live migrate with an ISO attached.
We could do that in 1.X, I sure do miss that.

Hi e100,
with an little hack it's passible. I use that, because many of my VMs are devil-linux based (distribution, which boot from CD).

Simply define an directory and marked as share (like /mnt/local_iso) - of course you have to sync the ISOs yourself, but be able to use live migration without trouble.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!