iSCSI and LVM issues after NAS IP change

StanM

Mar 5, 2021
My Proxmox server (version 8.1.3) is hosting several virtual machines, the first of which is TrueNAS Scale. Three of the other machines use iSCSI from TrueNAS as block storage. I imported the three iSCSI block storages into Proxmox and built LVMs on top of each. Everything was running smoothly until I changed routers. As part of the router change, I changed IP addresses for all of the virtual machines. I then deleted each of the LVMs and iSCSI storage blocks from Proxmox and re-imported the blocks with the revised IP address for TrueNAS. I also re-established LVMs on them. Things seem to work OK, but with problems.
The storage icons on the Proxmox web interface frequently appear with a "?" (question mark) on them. When they do, the names of the VMs disappear and question marks show on their icons, too. This appearance cycles back and forth with a normal appearance.
In addition, the summary page of the server does not contain any information in any of the graphs. The graphs are always blank. On occasion I can see a spike on CPU usage, but it disappears in less than a second. Based on advice in another thread about the lack of information in the graphs, I killed ipv6 networking in TrueNAS and restarted the node. But that didn't change anything.
The TrueNAS virtual machine seems to be running well. I can't find any problems there.
Is there somewhere else within Proxmox that I need to change the IP address of TrueNAS? Does anyone have any other ideas about what's wrong?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!