is ceph-adm compatible with proxmox ?

On a hyperconverged Ceph cluster on top of PVE?

I haven't tested it but even without that, I don't think it is a good idea to have another Ceph deployment tool besides PVE as there are likely some conflicts.

May I ask why you want to do that?

yes, in order to add the ceph-adm tools on top of PVE.

I've face some limitations on proxmox, and ended up on this website as given above.

I saw this new tool, and before testing it, wanted to know.

I've face some limitations on proxmox, and ended up on this website as given above.
Would you care to explain which?

As I mentioned, on a hyperconverged PVE Ceph cluster, PVE is handling the Ceph deployment. Introducing another tool will most likely break stuff. One thing that I expect to break is the delivery of up to date ceph.conf files. PVE is using the pmxcfs to distribute it across the cluster and /etc/ceph/ceph.conf is only a symlink to /etc/pve/ceph.conf.

Using ceph-adm which deploys these via SSH (AFAICT) will most likely overwrite the /etc/ceph/ceph.conf file and thus breaking the symlink and PVEs assumption that all nodes have the same ceph.conf file.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!