Irregular blank screen on startup of Mac VM

UseThe4s

Nov 6, 2023
Prague, Czech Republic
Hello guys, this is my first post here so please bear with me. First of all I would like to say that I totally fell in love with Proxmox virtualization capabilities and hopefully I will find a way how to support this fantastic product.

I have built my server myself (13700K, Z790, 32 GB RAM, RX 6600) and the Proxmox server was installed by a professional. Before I turn for help to him though I would like to get into this environment some more myself, hopefully with your help.

I have a Proxmox 8.0.4 running, MacOS Ventura 13.6.1 VM installed and running very well. The GPU is passed through, also running with no problems.

The problem I have seems to me not related to the GPU itself as it is a very strange behaviour. In let's say one of 5 cases when I start the VM (pushing the start button) the server add a line to the log at the bottom with an OK status. Also the green PLAY icon shows on the VM's icon on the left on the UI. But that's is. No signal from the GPU, no booting, nothing. Sometimes it happens that the VM gets picture and starts booting after 5 minutes, 10 minutes but mostly never. It seems like the VM was stuck at some point even before the boot proces itself.

Thank you for any comments on this.

Kind Regards, Jiri

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!