[SOLVED] Intermittent history/performance graphs

nullswitch

Jul 1, 2023
I'm getting frequent gaps in my summary graphs and trying to pin point the problem and see if it is perhaps affecting other features.

Anyone seen (and maybe figured out) the weird charting in the picture? I run a single node setup on a Dell T620; networking wise the host takes DHCP from a glinet opal router which is a wireguard client to a edge router lite server using split tunneling.

Update:
Ok, I think this is a symptom to a network problem and has affected a number of users, both prosumer and big multi-node setups.

Symptoms:
- gaps in the performance summary
- pvesm takes forever to load (minutes instead of seconds)
- client vanishing in logs
- slow loading in web gui, especially with storage, until a communication error comes up

Things it could be:
- Custom/old certificate gone awry: can recreate and restart all services. This did not fix it for me.

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/web-gui-communication-failure-for-all-components.41233/

- udisks2: this tends to cause lots of high CPU usage problems, I was desperate and tried masking it. pvesm still slow.

- jumbo frame sizes: ive only used defaults

- cifs mount via cli: i did not use the web GUI to set this up and also have a other mounting issues. But this timing out could be affecting everything else.

I'll do a series of reboots (which magically fixes issues for many) and then post some logs if it persists.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2023-09-14-21-06-27.png
    Screenshots_2023-09-14-21-06-27.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!