Intel Nuc 13 Pro Thunderbolt Ring Network Ceph Cluster

@scyto you should definetly have a lookt at this and add this to your github gist, this instantly bumps my iperf3 tests to solid 26Gbit/s with very low retransmits even with my small i3!
feel free to post it in the comments, i don't need this on my HW to hit 27gbps, nice find y'all - this is awesome :)
what hardware are you running where this is needed?

Last edited:
feel free to post it in the comments, i don't need this on my HW to hit 27gbps, nice find y'all - this is awesome :)
what hardware are you running where this is needed?

I've got 3x minisforum ms-01 with a 13900h. Even with the --bidir flag you have no problem with iperf hitting 27?

Hello,

Hoping that somebody may be able to give me some advice. I have an MS-01 and I've connected to a QNAP NAS using a thunderbolt 3 cable. On a Windows host, I am able to easily get 10gbps transfer speeds.

I followed the guide here to get thunderbolt networking enabled: https://gist.github.com/scyto/67fdc9a517faefa68f730f82d7fa3570
I didn't need the mesh, so I just added the adapter to a bridge and connected to a Windows VM using the VirtIO driver.

I have an SFP+ connection added to the VM also and I get near 10gbps. The Thunderbolt connection is stuck around 150mbps.

Is there any advice on why this may be slow slow? I can use the same cable and connect to a Windows host and get > 10gbps.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!