installing Promox On Debian 64-bit without CDIMAGE

D

dvsxutact

hey guys, im working on design and concept for my company, we're looking to use ProxMox (mostly for the easy cluster setup), we are using proxmox on 1 of our servers and want to add a 2nd server, but the issue is this... all of our servers are located in remote datacenters and we dont have console access to the servers, so i was wondering if it was possable to install Debian 64-bit or CentOS etc, and somehow either install the proxmox program files to create a cluster node, or perhaps install proxmox via Command line?

any response is greatly appreciated, thank you!

hey guys, im working on design and concept for my company, we're looking to use ProxMox (mostly for the easy cluster setup), we are using proxmox on 1 of our servers and want to add a 2nd server, but the issue is this... all of our servers are located in remote datacenters and we dont have console access to the servers, so i was wondering if it was possable to install Debian 64-bit or CentOS etc, and somehow either install the proxmox program files to create a cluster node, or perhaps install proxmox via Command line?

any response is greatly appreciated, thank you!

currently not supported. Proxmox VE is a highly integrated and optimized system and you will run into problems if you do not use the ISO installer. some people succeeded in installing on top but this not the supported way.

Does anyone out there have any success stories installing Proxmox VE manually they can share?

hmm, i understand, is there anyway to install the OS without having console access to the server?

i ran into the same issue.
can't the installer be mounted into a ramdisk an then connect via VNC?

does anyone know how to solve this?

the way i did it:

mount the iso

install all deb files from proxmox/

boot into the new kernel

adjust sources.list

update everythin and install the rest

perhaps it qould be nice to be able to install

it would also be nice to have deboostrap support.

Last edited:
by the way, redhat based systems and openSUSE provide remote VNC installation.

i would like to see proxmox running ond rhel oder CentOS

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!