[SOLVED] Installation failed

cgethycx

Sep 8, 2021
I am attempting my first ever install of ProxMox and it is failing.

Here is the message I am receiving:

installation of package libgdbm-compat4_1.19-3_amd64.deb failed

I am installing this on a dedicated machine.

MB: ASUS Prime A320M-K BIOS Ver. 4023
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
RAM: 16gb Corsair (2-8 gb sticks)
SSD: 512gb

It has onboard graphics and also an GTX980

Thanks in advance.

If you're using the PVE ISO - please start the installation in debug mode - after the error you can abort the installation and should be presented with a shell - where the error might be shown with more details (check the other virtual consoles (Alt+F1, Alt+F2))

If you're installing on top of Debian - please post the complete error message

I hope this helps!

There is the error. If it can't be seen in the pic I will type it all out. Unless there is a way to see a log.
IMG_20210909_063609-min.jpg

hmm - my guess - either the iso was corrupted on download - verify with the provided checksums!
or ... the USB-drive you're using with the iso has an issue - try with a different USB drive

I hope this helps!

Reactions: cgethycx
It seems like it was an issue with my USB stick. The sum checked out so I went with your advice on switching USB sticks.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!