Install Proxmox on HUNSN RJ46 - Micro Firewall Appliance

exolon

Feb 4, 2024
Near Hannover, Germany
Hello Community,

I have just installed Proxmox 8.1 on a HUNSN RJ46 - Micro Firewall Appliance. The installation was a bit difficult as it always stuck at boot after installing the Proxmox kernel. So I thought I would write some information here for others and the community.

Basically I followed the proxmox wiki (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_12_Bookworm) with some modifications before the reboot.

I skiped apt remove linux-image-amd64 'linux-image-6.1*' and apt remove os-prober

Then I fix the network settings at /etc/network/interfaces Don't forget to replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your ip address.

Code:
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet manual
iface enp2s0 inet manual
iface enp3s0 inet manual
iface enp4s0 inet manual
iface enp5s0 inet manual
iface enp7s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
   address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24
   gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
   bridge-ports enp1s0
   bridge-stp off
   bridge-fd 0

After this you can safely reboot into the proxmox kernel with systemctl reboot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!