Install problems

megap

Oct 1, 2014
Hello to everyone in this forum.

This is my first post in the forum, but I've reading reading a few days.

I'm a newbie user with Proxmox and I want to test this software to implement in our servers.

My hardware is:

• Dell Poweredge Xeon E5-2407
  • RAM 4 Gb DDR3
  • 1 Hard disk 500 Gb

Virtualization Technology is Enable in the BIOS.

I'm trying to install a fresh Proxmox from ISO downloaded in Proxmox official downloads.

My Steps on installation are:
  1. Server starts Proxmox installation and I starts with default settings. Press enter in boot:
  2. I'm Agree with the terms
  3. Select /dev/sda 500 Gb Hard disk and press Next
  4. I press Next for start the install and here nothing happens.

Installation hangs on in this point, when I change console with CTRL+F2 to comprobe what is happening I get this error:

Code:
(proxinstall:1062): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_get_text: assertion 'GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed

(proxinstall:1062): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion 'gtk_widget_get_parent (widget) == GTK_WIDGET (container) | GTK_IS_ASSISTANT (container)' failed
Use of uninitialized value in string comparison (cmp) at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 1641.
Use of uninitialized value in string comparison (cmp) at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 1641.

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***  undefined value for mandatory argument 'text' encountered at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 1661
*** ignoring at /usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 137

This error happens always I press on NEXT button.

I tried to install Proxmox 3.3 ISO and Proxmox 3.2 ISO, both from CD and USB and always happens the same.

Someone can help me?

Thanks to all in advance.
Megap

P.D: Sorry for my english.

SOLVED.

I was trying to install Proxmox with RJ45 plugged. I unplugged it and install works fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!