Install problem: write access in new server

Karvanoppa

Feb 26, 2011
www.ocgamehost.com
I have "live installed" proxmox in my new server in another datacenter where don't have other servers. Then i make it to slave and connect to my master server in another datacenter where i have many other servers and all is connected to my master. All other servers are installed proxmox 1.8 from CD and works nicely, but my new server shows in virtual list and it have one KVM in list. (I'm early installed that KVM).
Now i have problem with do new virtual machines. I think don't have somehow write problems or something. Appliance template list is empty in new server and if i try to download new template it say "Error: Do not have write access".

I'm checked folders and there is same style write access what i have in another server...

What i can do?

Thanks

Hi,
you can't download on the slave templates - because they would be synced from the master to all other nodes. BTW. it's perhaps not the best idea to use a cluster over different datacenters. With pve2.x all cluster-nodes must be in the same lan (AFAIK).
You should look if the syncing is working (perhaps it's running slowly?). All content below /var/lib/vz/template should be synced (and some configs).

Udo

Thanks for answer udo.

I'm not happy to hear that pve2.x don't working in different datacenter. :( Now is't very use full to manage all vhosts in same place.

But anyway, cluster list in proxmox show all my servers status "active". When i but those togethor sync's takes long time, but that template folder is empty now anyway. :eek:

Thanks for answer udo.

I'm not happy to hear that pve2.x don't working in different datacenter. :( Now is't very use full to manage all vhosts in same place.

also 1.x was never designed to work in different locations, so no news here. Internet routers do not support corosync so its technically not possible. but managing several cluster in one gui/application could be a task for the future.

late answer...
Ok now everything works great. Mounted NFS location in new server and there is our templates. Now i can see my templates. Everythings looks working now same things those in same datacenter.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!