install on usb failing to boot

J

james1700

Hay - hoping some one can point me in the right direction. Ive been trying to install proxmox 1.9 and 2.0 rc1 on a 16GB usb stick. The usb is installed in an HP microserver and ive been mounting the 1.9/2.0 rc1 iso via ipmi virtual media. The installation completed without any problems however when i reboot the server just sits with a flashing cursor and never boots. Ive also tried to install the OS via a usb stick instead of mounting an iso but that fails with the same effect.

any advice?

just an update - ive tried booting a linux live cd and adding rootdelay=90 to the grub.cfg as other people have described on the net. Unfortunately i still cant get proxmox to boot from the usb stick.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!